Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not Taking Crap 2012

I had a new room mate. She only lasted for a couple of days. She had a new VW bug and worked at McDonnalds...that was going to be short. Mike is going to be here til spring. yay.
I wrote a long angry letter to Centurylink. They provided the worst customer service of the year already. Their website malfunctioned and they wanted me to pay a fee to pay on the phone with a rep. There is no way in hell I will pay because it is not my problem. The reps were snotty and extremely rude and stated, " Are you made because you are not getting your way?" Excuse me?
I tell University of Phoenix I do not want to continue going to college for a higher degree. My social life is in the negative. Their website sucks. It is always down. I am always running into some problem and every time I ask for help, I have to call many times and they have to keep asking for information each time. Tech support is being snotty to me. I wrote nasty feedback. I finally got the problem with Adobe fixed after the fourth call.
Mike keeps messing with the heater. I'm putting a lock on it and see what he does. In fact, I'm going to clean the bathroom at 3am. Why? He keeps urinating on the floor and never cleans up after himself.
I am thinking about finding new employment. Some people are talking to me as though I am not reading what is going on. It is condescending and I am tired of it.
In the mean time, I am having a hard time socializing. It occured to me today how much bullshit people put me through. I am afraid that the same behaviour will occur with new friends. I am probably destined to be alone.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I'm sorry you had issues with paying your bill online, and I wanted to see if you may still be having issues with this. If I can help out in any with, with your services, please let me know. You can e-mail me at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com.

    Thanks Jennifer,

    B
    CenturyLink Help Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, B. There was one rep that finallt helpd me submit a payment online. I am still irritated that I was spoken to in such an ill manner.

    ReplyDelete