Sunday, September 16, 2012

Not Going to be Here Forever

One day I will pass away. It is not a happy thought, but it is one of those thoughts that occur every once in a while. For the past two funerals, I have noticed that death is a financial burden. I don't know how the whole thing works. When my Aunt Sherry passed away, there wasn't enough money for services. I think that dad said that the state would pay for it if the family could not. Sherry, another friend of the family, passed away this past week. The whole situation is complicated because of money. I am certain that there are people who do not think of the future in this sense. Most don't want anything, like me. Most have a career goal. Funerals are one of those things you learn from experience because it is one of those finances that people do not talk about in school. I don't have plans for when I die, I know I don't want to be buried because the thought freaks me out. I would prefer cremation and being sprinkled in my favorite places such as Seattle and New York. Maybe sprinkle me in places I have never been like Egypt, Canada, Japan, and London. Get my spirit as misconbobulated as my mind. The funny part about me not having a plan, there is a funeral planning service in the same bay as me...don't ask. The other thought in mind is what am I supposed to do when my parents pass on? Arrangements may have been made, but I don't know what I am supposed to. What am I supposed to do when my sibling passes away? Does he have plans? The question may be bad timing, but it is a topic I think that should be considered at some point.

3 comments:

  1. cremation and bury me in dry creek by rocky. all ya had to do was ask. its an okay question really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok :) I'm just wondering about everything else works though, is there something else I have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. still working out the details, but have a party. play cards or pool.

    ReplyDelete