Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a nice Thanksgiving. A couple of months ago, Rami was asking me about the holidays like Christmas and New Years. I asked him what he was doing and he said that maybe he was going to cruise around Boise. I was thinking that since he was Muslim and didn't celebrate the same holidays we do and since he didn't have much family here, I wanted to bring him to a Thanksgiving dinner and share my holidays with him and have him meet more members of my family because Rami is just an awesome guy. I was a little nervous because he dislikes the fact that we Americans let our dogs sleep on our beds. I told him that everyone has a different idea on where a dog should and should not be. Mine sleep on my bed (when they do not have fleas) because they are my babies and want to sleep next to their momma. Dad leaves his outside. Mom permits hers to sleep on the bed as well. It's just what we do...it's nothing sexual unless you are a pervert who needs to be locked up and heavily medicated. As we drove up to Garden Valley, he was asking me why I took the long way. I took the way through Horseshoe Bend because I think it is safer and more familiar. I told him the other way was scary and longer. We made it and he was nervous about going in and uncertain if anyone knew of his arrival. I coaxed him in and he met everyone. He loved the dogs and played with them. We had a nice dinner. Him and grandpa talked about Jewish and Muslim relations. Then we were off again because he has a bunch of papers due for his finals. So, on the way out of Garden Valley, I saw a sign and the first thing I read was the arrow pointing to Boise. As I drove, I realized that the road looked different and I did not remember seeing snow on the way up. We played in the snow. Rami was unsure if we were actually heading to Boise. I advised any time you think you are lost, just keep driving. I knew we were headed to Boise, it was just the way he stated was the shorter way. The drive was about two hours and we ended up in Idaho City. We made it to Lucky Peak and to Boise. So, we were safe and sound. I dropped him off and went home. When I made it to Nampa, I saw a green comet shoot across the sky. This may have been the coolest Thanksgiving ever.

1 comment:

  1. I had a great time too. I thought Rami was very nice. mom

    ReplyDelete