Friday, March 12, 2010

Burned Out

There is one thing that is hard to do. Working and schooling at the same time. I never noticed it before either. When I moved to Boise, I started to work at The Reel Theater. I was going to high school then. I was working a minimum wage job that didn't require me to be there all the time.
I started to attend University of Phoenix when I was between jobs. I didn't notice anything, I had plenty of time to do school work. Then I get the new job. They have been scheduling me to work overtime for weeks.
I keep getting an email, higher call volume than expected, be patient. I am patient, however, they schedule me to work six days in a row. I think I was there for a full six days once. This is probably where I am looking like a bad employee. I had to schedule a day off for court twice. I had to leave to make sure things went smoothly while making Zack leave. There are some things about the law that Paul doesn't understand, you cannot change the locks and keep someone from getting their things. I had a day when I woke up with a sore throat, I called in, and it turned into a no call no show.
Wednesday, I was scheduled to work again. I had a project to do for school. Everything is becoming virtually impossible to do ahead of time. I have been running late on bills, I don't have enough time to pay my freaking bills. I have been waking up at about 3 in the morning freaking out thinking that I didn't get an assignment done. I submitted an accommodation so I can sleep. I will still work 40 hours, I don't need to physically go to school. I just need some time to do some school work and go to work.
I was up all night working on my project. I go to work the next morning. I am very tired. I sign in and my eyes hurt. It got worse and worse. I started to feel sick. First break, I tell the boss I can't stay today. Another day where I left work, I don't think I have a good track record so far.
I made it home, I was surprised I made it. My head hurt really bad. I went straight to bed and slept until about three or four. I check on the project I was working on. It turns out I put in too much effort. I misunderstood the assignment. On the other hand, my essay is nearly complete. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment