Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The "IT" People

Who do you go to when nothing is working? I.T. The guys who have it easy. They don't have to deal with the public. Just people who work for companies.
For about a month or so, I haven't had a desk that I normally sat at. Then, one fine day, I was given one. One where no email or chat room work. Which is great, since the job depends entirely on the Internet. The computer guy comes along and works on my computer. I get to sit around for a little while without speaking to anyone. It was fine, I was working on overtime. Now, I have email and chat. Yay. No more talking to the evil witch lady. She is having a serious power trip when she doesn't realize she is at the bottom of the food chain like everyone else.
When I came home, I had to renew my anti-virus software. My trail expired yesterday. So, I went and paid for it. The darn thing was telling me that it was still expired. I called them, and I was hold for a long time and my phone dropped the call. I clicked on chat. The person tried transferring me to another chat room. It was really weird, how do you get transferred to another chat room?
The technical person did some kind of a remote troubleshooting. I let him view my screen. I'm sure my thesis on Abraham Lincoln was interesting, I wonder if he found it interesting. He took control of the screen and clicked away on different things. Removed my anti-virus software. When he rebooted my computer, he was still there when I got back. He also highlighted different areas for me to pay attention to.
It was kind of an interesting day. One more day until my weekend. Then the overtime crap starts again.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I always feel a little unsure when IT dude takes over my computer. I have the most boring internet history in the world so they don't stay long. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy was pretty entertaining. He apparently knew some people on my dad's side of the family. Then he started quoting all these lines from The Princess Bride.

    ReplyDelete