Friday, September 24, 2010

Quit Yer Bitchin

One thing I have to say, Boise, shame on you. Shame on you for continuing to build houses that nobody is going to buy. Do you honestly think that people are going to have enough money to pay for a $250,000 to $400,000 house? Seriously, nobody has that type of money. Even if they do, more than likely they work for Micron and are at high risk for being laid off. Available jobs pay between $7.25 to $10.00 an hour.
Shame on Idaho for all of those empty buildings. You and I can both agree that small business owners will rent the building for a short time. For those who are still in business, kudos to you. Keep working hard at keeping your head above water.
To all of those people who are griping about the construction market. Yes, you. You know very well that eventually the buildings are going to stop. Maybe, some day, Idaho will cut down on the budget some more and stop construction on the roads. Think about this, agriculture. Have you ever thought that by building all of these houses and empty business establishments, you are wasting land that should be for farms and wild life?
Instead of sitting in your pity party, why not become a farmer? People need food. Yes, we can grow our own gardens. I know that I will not grow a garden next year. I don't even have the time to mow my grass or clean my house or car. Do something for your community and cultivate the land. I think we should put the whole thing into perspective and change it around.
Urbanization is wasting land. Become a farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment