Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rough Transition

Today was a long day. Every day is long. I spend every day transitioning into something new. New position. New hours. New dog. New class. New job. New e-mail. New password. New class. In the middle of it all, I did something dumb.
There was an order to not do something, needless to say, I did what I wasn't supposed to do. I am a misfit in the morning. It's not intentional either; I'm just ditsy in the morning.
Transitioning into the new job was not easy. It is almost complete. I spent the first part of the day calling people to reset a password. They gave me a hard time, I think I had to call them three times. That came to a halt after I started chewing out this stubborn agent that kept on repeating himself condescendingly. I do not know what the group of people are for if they refuse to help. Seriously. Just wait, karma will get them. They will have an issue with a password and then someone will be the same way with them. Ha!
I get a two week break from class. After I type my essay, that is. I will be studying for the test. I am going to study because my papers were great and points were docked because of technicalities. The instructor makes errors; guess what is going to be my gripe...
I have been spending time lecturing the father. For two days he was asking if I heard from the brother. The second day, he was calling and wanting mom's phone number. Thinking, thinking, no dad, he is busy and mom didn't hear from him either. I ask the brother if he contacted dad, if I hear anything ignore him. Dad is a little difficult to ignore, especially when repetition is his best buddy.
I visited dad, that's all I could hear about. Even after mom told him that the brother will call when he is good and ready. Me and the step sister, "He's busy!" I wish he paid attention to me. I wish he would spend money on me the way he does for the step siblings. I wish he would help me instead of going on about not having enough money.
It reminded me of when Grandma Maughan and one of my aunts bickering. One would call him and tell him what the other did. Then visa versa. It was an ongoing cycle every day. I thought about this when he said he was going to drive to Mountain Home to see what was going on. I told him, "Don't be driving over there and wasting your gas. No drama."
It has been quiet for the past few days, despite the chaos at work. I'm going to go to bed. I have an essay due on Friday and some house cleaning to do. Pinching pennies, I hardly have enough for anything. It will take a miracle this month to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment