Sunday, April 10, 2011

Don't Buy Acer

It was a nice computer, was. It can hold more data than the Compaq that I have. After having it for ABOUT a year, the battery died. It turned out that Acer uses crappy batteries.
I purchased another battery. It charged the battery up. It was fine for a week. It is not charging the battery again. I read reviews that the motherboard is faulty and does not read the battery.
I cannot contact Acer. In fact, their technical website is down. Last time I called them, they will want $100 to look at it. This means I have to send the computer to them. My old Compaq does not do this. I have had that computer for several years and never had to replace anything on it. Perhaps I should stick more memory on it and use that instead.
If you plan on buying an Acer, do not do it. They are cheap for a reason.

3 comments:

  1. uh oh, I'm typing this on my Acer. I very rarely use mine when it's only on battery, so hopefully mine might last a while.

    I have to go now, I'm writing a screenplay about Idaho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acer is great, but it is all low quality. Your writing a screenplay to? I'm working on a couple of them about Idaho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Acer laptop, it died within a month of purchase, went away for repair and came back broken.

    I set up http://www.dontbuyacer.com to warn people away from buying Acer products, and have just linked to your story.

    ReplyDelete