Thursday, April 14, 2011

They Shoot Idahoans Don't They?

There is something about Idaho when someone makes a movie. It is if nobody cares about us here. When a movie is made people are like, "They love us! They really love us!!"
I went to Preston, Idaho to do some research on the Bear River Massacre. The town is a sleepy place. They know who I am, they may not know my name, but they know who I am. During my trip, I noticed that everyone has Napoleon Dynamite posters. This is as exciting as it gets in Preston.
Lately, there was a movie that seems to have been pulled out from underground. It is called The Sanguinarian. It is a movie written by and stars Charles Beal who was an Emmett High student and someone I dated briefly. The genre does not surprise me, he is into vampire stories. The movie looks really cool and I think it was recently released on DVD. Now is my chance to see it!

Another one that people are thrilled about is Bronco Billy. I saw on the news this morning that someone wrote a book about when the movie was made here in Idaho about 30 years ago. This one is a bigger deal because of Clint Eastwood. I do not feel like it is a big deal, I understand he visits Idaho sometimes. We also have Bruce Willis, who is portrayed as a douche bag in Blaine County.
So what, movies have been shot in Idaho. Even some television episodes are shot here. I think us small town folk are the ones that are going to put Idaho on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment