Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reaching Out

I do not normally do this. I have turned my nose up at hand outs, unless it is used clothing or when I am going through a difficult time. This winter break, more crap hit the fan. In case you did not know the story, I was someone who could be sold on just about anything. Just like this house. I was working at a job that paid me nearly $16 an hour without a degree. Then I lost that job and now I make way less. I like my job, the team is great and so is the boss person. I do not make enough. Because I was naive, Mabel convinced me that going to University of Phoenix would better my life. She called and called. I caved in because I wasn't doing anything with my life. I thought it would be one of those educations that lasted for about six months. As time went on, more classes appeared. I panicked because I thought this was temporary and I cannot afford any more bills than what I had. Only at this time, I was getting more information. It has been many years since I have been to school, I didn't know what to ask in the beginnning. I never paid for public school, I didn't know what to ask. Alana told me that I was in this for two years. I was worried because, again, I cannot afford more bills. I asked if I was getting billed because they had told me earlier that I did not have to worry. I was under the false impression that I was covered with the FASFA and I had already expressed numerous times that I do not want to pay for anything. Lies, lies, and more lies. Nobody gave me any straight answers. So, college is almost over. Four more classes and five more months. I am on break and trying to find a scholarship because Alan said that I would be worthy of them. I follow the link to find that I have a balance of about $20,000 when I thought it would be half as much. I am absolutely livid. I e-mail Alana telling her that the website does not make sense. I get a call back from both Alana and Jennifer. They help me find my lender. I am pissed because they told me all along that I do not have to worry about anything. I do have to worry, I did not want or need another bill. Jennifer spent her time over talking me and arguing. She claimed that they gave me all the details and by law they have to. I informed her of the expository on television, she interrupts me again saying they took that to court and won. Really? Well, I already am aware of their bad behaviour. Must I remind them that they harrassed me on the phone until I finally gave in? I told them I do not want to hear from them again and hung up. Jennifer called and I refused to answer, I really do not feel like talking to these two. I sent an email explaining that I was not told anything, do not call unless they can give me a legit link for help, and that I am sick of her talking over me. Jennifer asked me if I would still like to attend. I am offended by that because I do not want a $20,000 bill and no degree. It pissed me off because I have been attending for the past three years. (Yep, was two years but turned into three because people do not know how to leave me the hell alone in the house.)Alana sent me an e-mail explaining that the last four classes are about $5,000. I asked her if that was in addition to the bill. She gave me a subtle e-mail stating to watch my account. I want to have someone else, really, they are both fired. I need help finding something legit for a scholarship. I am not going to be able to pay for any of this. It may give me some more money come tax season. This loan is way too much. If University of Phoenix did not care about me an my situation, I do not think that there are any scholarships that are going to care. It is just like when I moved to Boise. Boise did not pay attention to me because I did not take any of their classes previously. It was my Junior year, how could I? I got a phone call from a transitional person from UoP. As far as furthering my education? I am seriously not going to further my education. I cannot go out and meet people going to school. What is the point of college if I cannot begin a life? Meh, bad men are trying to seduce me. It doesn't make a difference obviously. The point is, people already have a life going to college. Most people are fresh out of high school, happily married or divorced, and everyone has a family or a business. Me? I'm a single girl that never wanted an education. I'm just going where ever life takes me and I am more comfortable that way. By the way, does anyone else disagree with this new blogger set up?

No comments:

Post a Comment