Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Day!

Sorry, I have been a while. Been busy making preparations and being lazy at the same time. I have been busy shooing off the people who want me to continue my education. I will when I have a man in my life (which will be never) and when I am making more money. It will certainly not be University of Phoenix because they are backstabbing bastards. For now, I will take my associates and run. Graduation day was interesting. I was bummed out before I left for the ceremony. I was putting in the ruby earings that Grandma gave me for my birthday and it slipped from my fingers. To this day, I haven't found it. I'm too afraid to vacuum the floor now.I arrived about an hour early in case traffic was horrific. I wandered around the premises. I pondered why in the world did I do this and would I ever torture myself like this again. This was the largest graduating class they ever had; someone said it was a class of 340. The faculty were having a difficult time arranging the alumni for photos. This was the first time they had a ceremony in the Centurylink Arena. The speeches were annoying because it sounded like a bunch of people trying to sell more garbage.I was wondering what that roll of paper was going to say. As I unrolled it I thought, "Are you sure you do not want to further your education?" Nope, just junk mentioning I must fill out my documents to receive my real degree...I already got it. Lately, I have been looking at lists of jobs. Of course, the UoP member that is sending them to me is only sending me information on jobs that require a Bachelor's. The university cries about the Frontline report, but you cannot deny the recorded footage because that is exactly what they do. Talk about a catch 22. Anyway, an associate of mine pointed out a state job. It pays really well, I am crossing my fingers. I won't hold my breath because they use programs like GIS, which I have no experience in. It would be exciting and fun to participate in preserving Idaho history. Otherwise, I will just be a wishful thinker struggling to pay for a degree that I obtained for no reason. I had some fun after the ceremony. I didn't have a chance to get more photo opportunities. I brought my camera and got a larger SD card...oh well. I met with dad to go to Red Robin. I would have begged for some Japanese, but I was already taken out for Thai at my favorite place on Garrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment