Friday, November 9, 2012

Thinking

Many things occur to make the thoughts roll. Sometimes when I enter a restaurant, I smell coffee. The smell reminds me of the summers I spent at grandma and grandpa Maughan's house. Then I start thinking of the cheesy carpet in the kitchen and Aunt Paula making me my first Cup-O-Noodles. It goes on and on, she gave me all kinds of interesting relics from the 60's. More memories of my childhood have lurked around in my mind. I have been listening to a ton of Neil Diamond. I think of all those trips to Silver Creek laying on a pile of quilts in the hatch back area of the car. My brother and I lay on our backs as the sun warmed the windows. Neil Diamond played on the walkman. Occassionally, mom would push a button on the walkman to talk to us. Sometimes I wonder where that walkman is. I think I found it once. It was stashed away in a pile of bills in the cupboards at dad's house. The funny thing about that is that I found an old tape that I made a long time ago that had my long lost favorite songs on it. I still have that tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment