Thursday, March 3, 2011

Still Here

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have been here. I'm sorry if I have been pissy. I feel like I am cornered. So, I am going to bombard you with not so current events.
Are you concerned with the planet? I felt really worried when the birds were falling by the hundreds. It wasn't in just one state either. Earth is speaking to us and it appears to be more and more too late to do anything.
Pirates hijacked a yacht. PBS had a documentary the other day about a guy that is from Somalia where the pirates reside. The area that the pirates are hijacking boats does not have any government. They are taking over the fishing industry and causing financial disaster. There is a man (I think he is a lawyer?)that deals with pirates who hold families for ransom.
I got an idea for that. Somalia needs a Trojan yacht. This yacht should look like an ordinary civilian boat. Inside, a whole deadly arsenal of weapons. Then when the pirates approach this innocent looking boat, BAM!! There you go, your welcome.
I have been watching what is going on in Egypt. As far as I know, this rebellion formed on Facebook. Someone named his new born daughter Facebook, I don't know what to make of that. As I watch this fiasco, it appears to be going more down hill. The guy that they are supporting? He looks like Mel Brooks. He doesn't seem to be funny either, he seems to be a frightening person that is going to cause even more trouble.
Ever since the mob ransacked the museum, I started to think. When I saw the shattered artifacts of King Tut, I began to think even deeper. This all happened before. This happened when King Tut's father was king. Only, people were freaking out when Ankenaton was enforcing the belief in one god called Aton.
He moved the capital from Thebes to another place that is now known as Tel el Armana. I have read that at the time there was a plague and that the Hittites were taking vengeance on the Amonhotep dynasty. There is a theory that Ankenaton was not doing anything about it because he thought his belief would protect him.
People were getting more and more upset. They believed that the Amon faith was punishing them with the plague. There were riots and kidnappings. Taxes were out of control. People were so angry, they made clay pots with the names of Ankhenaton and Nefertiti and they would smash them. I guess they believed it would place a hex on their king.
Whatever might have happened, the capitol was torn down and names were erased after Akhenaton passed away. Thebes began to rebuild with the rubble that was left over from Tel el Armana. Egypt was the richest place until Ankhenaton was king.
I remember learning in school that history repeats itself. I think that people have failed to understand that we need to learn from the mistakes that happened in the past. Since people do not understand, everything is getting worse and worse. Pollution is worse. Who knows if the recession will ever go away. The Middle East is going to end up like Tel el Armana if they don't chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment