Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bettering My Life

Or perhaps, buttering my life to make it slippery and out of control. I am watching the globe spiral out of control and completely out of orbit. Yes, it is time to gripe about how idiotic this universe is.
If people were smart, they would be protesting in front of the capitol building. Who gave people that had money more money? Let me phrase it this way, banks have money. Why did the government give them money? Crooks take money and it vanishes. Ask the closest thief you know. Why people are protesting in front of financial institutions is beyond me. Maybe people are in hopes that the money will be given back? HA! That would be like asking for money back from that politician that stole a ton of money from Canyon County.
It has been a while. Yes, I am still going to school and 70% of it is done. Then, I am on a quest to get scholarships. The very thing that should have been told to me in the beginning. I get a funny phone call that makes me think, "University of Phoenix has got a lot of brass." They are a for profit school after all.
The university called to see if I was interested in continuing with a Bachelors. My social life is completely diminished. There is no way in hell I can go on dates. I will be 35 soon. Never been married and no children. Do I want that life? I have no idea. When I am done, I will be done. I will move on and try to sell the house so I can get out of this hell hole. Where am I going to go? No idea. I keep eyeballing San Juan like it is a freshly baked cake. It is a hop skip and a jump away from Sydney, Canada. What kind of occupation would I have there? Don't know, a writer? Journalist? Maybe go to a desolate area of Idaho and write nasty horror stories about this state. Perhaps, horror stories about going to college in this crappy economy at my age and lifestyle.
Granted, it has been interesting, fun, and aggravating. Friend says, I can quit. Really? And be left with $20,000?? No, that would be fucking stupid. My stupidity must stop. I was stupid and purchased a house where there is no work. I was stupid and listened to Mabel convince me that earning a degree will better my life.
I watched an interesting report on the news. Many, many people were holding signs on how much they owe in tuition...and no work. The signs were $30,000 and higher. No, I do not want to participate in this madness. It is madness. How is it bettering my life? HOW? Is bettering your life adding debt? No, a better life is stress free. Debt is not stress free.

No comments:

Post a Comment