Saturday, October 17, 2009

Escape!

I went to mom's house today. I was in a bit of a rush and fed the mammals. I was off to submit applications for University of Phoenix. Another university has been calling me for a couple of months.
It has been something being contemplated. I saw Full Sail University and they could get me somewhere I would like to be. I think they are just an outlet of some sort. Kind of like what Progressive is to insurance companies. Or am I thinking of someone else?
Anyhoo, there is a girl I went to school with back in the day. I think her and Cody (who later became my uncle) had a disagreement and he got into deep doo doo for calling her names. Rikki and I keep running into each other lately whenever there is a new occupation. She found me at Directv and invited me to the class reunion. Then we met again recently during training for Qwest.
I was introduced to an unconventional college that put me in a better mood. I have been anti-school for some time. I would call school torture. All kinds of things came to mind as Rikki talked about the university. She also mentioned the struggle that she went through that I felt a relation to. I want to be a writer and I want to do movies. No college present in Idaho can do this. Then I thought about all the social workers that are needed out there. I thought about how cool it would be to call myself a forensic person. I love food, why not get into the culinary arts? So, I checked a few boxes and wrote a few random things I would like to learn. They were rhetorical, I knew what the answer would be. It never hurt to mention something I would like to have.
The next day, I get a call on my break. It was Maybel and Rikki had given her information on my interest in other options. She has called me a few times and has sent me email. I have been busy. New job, hospital crap, pet stuff, new room mate, financial garbage, and court dates.
Maybel is a high energy type of person. In addition to my stress I had been put on an emotional roller coaster. I had told her the story of how I became the person that I am today. There are reasons I never decided to go to school again. I always thought I had been a statistic as well as someone who suffers self pity. I am just someone who has been in pain and it never had been addressed the way it should have been.
Here comes Maybel to help. She has been very informative and very helpful. She gave me some tips on keeping my head up at the new job. She was a real estate agent and she gave me some tips and made clarification on what my options are on the home. Today, she walked me through the fun paperwork. Wednesday, I will hear from her.
Then I went home. As soon as I make it to the kitchen I noticed less activity than normal. I point at the fish tank, "Where is Dino?" Paul comes in and he saw that there was no turtle in the tank.
I kind of saw it coming. When Paul cleaned Dino's tank, he put a little more water in there than usual. The lid of the tank was far away from the edge. Here was the perfect escape route for the turtle. The search was on.
We looked under the oven, fridge, couches, in cupboards, and under the washer and dryer. No turtle. I thought about leaving a candle out for him because turtles are attracted to light. I thought about leaving out some stinky food to get him to come out of hiding. The guys were speculating on what may have happened. Did he get stepped on and thrown away?
I kept the thought in mind of when I lost one of my hermit crabs and it was found one early morning in the hallway. Dino had to be in the house.
I turned the weekend into my laundry day. I turned on the dryer and it sounded like the air was blowing in the house. I told Paul that the air was blowing inside. He gets annoyed with me. If the air is blowing inside stop the dryer! He moves the dryer and tells me to get the flashlight. The turtle might be in there. Sure enough he was inside in the back. Little bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment