Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time For Something New

If it were up to me, I would not have a computer. I would happily use a typewriter. I wouldn't have to worry about information getting scrambled on a storage device. I wouldn't have to worry about anyone hacking into the typewriter.
I have this one story that I have typed over and over again. It has been on a floppy which got scrambled. It has been deleted after I typed it again. It got stuck on a hand me down computer. It has been through four different formats.
I have had two hand me downs. The micron computer quit turning on and I got the Sony. The Sony became out of date. The Sony had USB ports but none of them worked. I transported my stuff to a floppy and then to a flash drive. I deleted everything on the computer and I think I gave it back. I used Rob's computer for a little while. When tax season came along, I got my Compaq.
I don't know what it is about this computer but everyone seems to want to send it viruses. It is making me pissed off. I am about ready to go out of my way and find the program to catch a virus and send it right back.
It wasn't even a year when I had my computer and I had to take it in. I had Norton on the computer. It was crap and it did not protect worth a damn. I ended up taking it in twice within 3 months.
I decide to do away with Norton. I didn't want to spend the money on something that will not help. I bought Live One Care. It kept my computer safe for another year. I get a free year of it from Qwest. I had a hard time installing on the computer even after I had completely removed it. Then came along another virus. I take it to this guy in Nampa off of Garrity.
He puts some stuff I am not familiar with on the computer. Evidently, he put a bootleg of Windows on the computer. There was a free copy of AVG. Then everything was downhill from there once again. I took it to Staples and I spent another $70 to resolve the problem.
Once again I had to put software on the computer. The "expert" says I need more RAM and Norton. I am more wise. I don't need anything else on the computer, I use it to make movies and write. That's all I do. No, I will not install Norton ever again. No, Live Care is still around despite what sales is saying. They are just trying to make you spend more money.
If Live Care is still around after my free trail, I will get it once more. If not I will get Mcaffee. Norton can kiss my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment