Thursday, February 11, 2010

ReStore



There have been some unexpected renovations when I have been away. I wish that they would stop. Paul doesn't have a job. He should not try to fix it if he does not have the means to fix it if he breaks it. That is what happened to the door.
The house is crooked. The jacks underneath are missing a part that will help make everything level. Hence, the doors are a little crooked as well. People have been walking in and out of the doors. Door knobs have been moved around. The more things get slammed and moved around, the more ghetto my house looks. It is bad enough there is cat shit, cigarette butts, and garbage everywhere.
For some reason, a door knob was moved from the door in the utility room. I don't know why. I never requested it. There was a door knob that locked. I don't know why. Then, there was no door knob. Ahem, things need to be put back together and cleaned up people.
I ask, what happened to the door knob? I was told I requested to remove it. I would do no such thing. I tell him to put the door knob back. He messes with my head. "I'm always getting yelled at." Really? I only said put the door knob back. For some reason it is broken.
I go to a place called ReStore. They have all kinds of recycled goodies for the casa. I got another doorknob for 4 bucks. Now, leave it alone.
Sometime along the way, Paul is bored. He attempts to fix a door that should not be touched until I can afford it. The more he attempted, the more pieces fell off. The whole door frame fell apart. Great. Now, we had to Jimmy-rig the backdoor back on. As it turned out, the door is more warped. There was an inch of space between the door and the frame. It was impossible to close and didn't lock anymore. For about a month or so, there has been a blanket covering the door and numerous warnings to remember to make sure it is locked.
I get leery because people keep trespassing. I don't want to go to the room and find a stranger in it. I make a decision to look at some doors. I found a grey one that I really liked. Unfortunately, the size of the door was uncommon. I decided to buy it anyway. It would be nice to have a little more light. It was only $65
Paul installed it today. More work has to be done and more materials are needed because the door was too tall and now there is a hole in the wall. The knob is missing off the dryer now to. There is a ladder in the house you know. God damn it.
I keep finding some cool stuff to renovate my bathroom with. I would like a different bathtub, sink, tiles, and so on and so forth
Right now, I am in my second week of my new classes. I am already annoyed. Amongst all of the confusion, I somehow missed some participation points. It really pisses me off because there was so much going on and I could not keep track of everything. I told my advisor I wanted a new instructor. I decided to tough it out for a little longer and see how this all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment