Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time To Reorganize

It is time yet again to find another place to work. They didn't send my paycheck again. I am still working there.
I am working my butt off keeping my handle time down. I am working my butt off to save customers. I am working my butt off to have perfect attendance. And no, I will decline to work overtime. I am there six days a week and I get only one day to do homework. Wait, I don't get any time to do homework because I am always calling payroll asking where my check is. Screw those guys. I'm trying to fix somethings that I could not fit into my schedule because I had to work every day.
I still have not received my recent paycheck. This is check four or five. How long would a company expect for someone to put up with that? That is over a month of calling them every week to find out that they didn't send the fucking check.
I got a message on my machine saying that my check was sent to the local branch. I drove all the way from Nampa to downtown Boise to find out that they didn't get it. I said I was going to quit. I am tired of this. They tell me to not quit. Why?
They tell me there is a glitch in payroll that they are trying to iron out. Give me a break, it should have been taken care of by now. I understand when there is a glitch every once in a while. This has been going on for four consecutive weeks.
I went in for an interview today. The hiring person was upfront. It is part time but it is not seasonal. In the long run, it is the same. I don't have to commute to this job and I would have time for class. I think I would be put into a full time position fairly quickly, I have a diverse amount of customer service skills that I could bring. That, and they will actually pay me. Try that on for size.
Now, to fix my other issue, the class that I had to drop. I didn't get a phone call for about a couple of weeks. I get a check in the mail. I get no email about different classes I can take. I finally emailed her supervisor. I get a call back from her finally. Busy busy girl. I will be talking with her later on this afternoon. I am thinking sociology or some history. I'm a writer, I don't know what would be most beneficial. Maybe I could pursue journalism? Maybe I could be a history teacher or something. Something a little more quiet than the work than I have been doing.
Really, retention is not a stable job. Despite what most people say, you have to worry about your job. Working at a seasonal job is better than retention. Granted you get a good incentive. However, how quickly you are done speaking with someone and how many people you save is what you depend on. You are the brunt of bad customer service and the economy. If you get someone that is pissed off, you will have to take some time with this person to gain that trust back. When someone doesn't have a job (which is common and for some reason it is retention's fault), you have to find some way to save this person even though they cannot pay for what you have to offer. I don't want to be the person that saves the day, educates someone who will not listen, and I don't want to be at fault for the economy.
Maybe I do have a lot on my mind. I will not take any pills either. I'm sorry, it is against what I believe in. Yes, I take aspirin for headaches but it is not something I take daily. Taking pills will not take away the crap I put up with. Taking pills will not make people leave me the hell alone when I am trying to do my homework. I had to drop the class because it was hard. It was more challenging with people knocking on the door and going in and out of the room. I just need a huge ass sign that says, "Leave me alone or die." I need for people to abide by my accommodations for crying out loud. There is a reason why I have them. And for Christ sake, I just need to be paid on time.
Critical thinking for the time being: do I pick another job that is part time? Or do I continue to commute when the gas is getting pricey and I have no money to arrive to work every day? Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Can you contact the Idaho Attorney General and report the company for not paying? Get them on the new, companies don't like bad press....and it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can. I tried talking to the Idaho Department of Labor and they said that they would have to be 15 days late in order for me to file a report. Even if I get paid weekly. It's not union either, I would call AG but I don't know what good it would do.

    ReplyDelete