Monday, June 15, 2009

Lucky Man

Paul and I decided to take a little trip to get some lunch. We were off to Boise to get a sandwich from Cobby's. I normally take the I-84 to get places.
As we reach the exit to Cole, a blue car starts to drive off the road a little. I am trying to figure out what on earth the person was doing. Then the car continues to go off the side of the road. Keeps going and going. I am thinking maybe this person is having a seizure or something. I figured he was going to flip the car. He hits the side of the concrete wall and the car goes back toward traffic and then stops at the side.
I slow down as do some of the other traffic. I stop in back of him and call the police. The driver of the car comes back to where we are. Poor guy is dazed. The incident response arrives and then the trooper.
The trooper takes a statement. Jokes about checking for weed in my car (my sticker says it's 4:20 somewhere). The guys push the car further from the road. I give the guy a ride to his home so he can get everything taken care of.
From what I understand, the guy had blown a tire. The tire was a problem that was supposed to be fixed by a mechanic in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. It's cool that you stopped and helped the guy, not many good citizens left in the world.

    ReplyDelete