Monday, June 1, 2009

He got a job


Paul has been a sad puppy. He was without a job since I met him back in December. He has went through a bunch of bull crap. There was a doctor notice involved where there was a traveling doctor and he was told not to worry about it. He was denied unemployment. He was denied food stamps.
He did have a quest card. Then they took it away. This wasn't the first time it happened. The reason why they have taken it is because he was not taking employment classes. Well, he couldn't. He had to go to the hospital and he has been recovering. It seems like Health and Welfare don't have their priorities straight. They would rather have his daughter be with someone irresponsible but that is another story.
The more he looked the more sad he got. You send in an application and nobody responds. You take a personality test and you can't get by it. None of the answers are correct. Even if you lie, your not qualified. I know this, I applied for Walmart several times and for some reason I am high risk? Excuse me, I do believe that I have seen child molesters and low lives working there. I'm not saying all of them are but a huge majority are scum.
I think Walmart has some issues anyway. Any of the departments you go to you have to go on a long journey to get someone to help you. Christmas season, there is NOBODY to help you. I think they enjoy seeing long long long lines at the cash registers. I think they do it to feel good. Not really busy, why don't we just make one register open to make us look like we are getting business. It's kind of like when Hastings made their store look bigger to show off how limited the selection is.
So, Paul finally landed himself a couple of positions. They were offered to him after his emergency. One was for landscaping and the other was for the government walking the fields. I think his landscaping job may be temporary because the job for the government doesn't start until July. We won't see each other too often but I'm happy he finally gets to work.

1 comment: