Monday, May 3, 2010

BOOM!!! 2 Bad I Missed It


Stupid Elm

Jennifer | MySpace Video


So, I have this big ugly Dutch elm in my backyard. According to dad, they are illegal in Boise. How do you make a big ugly tree illegal? Anyways, this thing was in my backyard.
It has been sapping. If you look at the back of the tree, it is completely covered with sap. It drops twigs all over the yard all day long. There are some dead branches on it.
I have been wanting to do something about this tree. We even hacked one of the branches off. It made a huge horrible mess. I have nothing but tree issues. I have a stump in the front yard that needs to be finished or have the dirt put back.
There is a crack that has been crawling down the middle of the elm. Some tree person from Idaho Power put a note on my door. One branch is going to screw up the power line. I called them and told them the situation of the huge branch that is cracking and that it could possibly have a bigger threat.
The guy came back and looked at it. He claimed that the person in charge might not chop that branch off. I looked at the cables that surround my backyard, I didn't think he knew what he was talking about.
The Cable One person came. He made a minor adjustment to the line. He didn't acknowledge the fact that it will be destroyed. I could see it. Paul could see it. It was awfully tempting to just move it ourselves. It's not connected to anything.
Today, the guys came back to clip some branches. Some little branches. The wind storm came. I get a message from Paul about the branch falling. Wonderful.
Luckily, it didn't damage the house or the neighbors shed. It mutilated the wood fence and the chain link fence. So much for putting the boards back on it. Frank escaped the other day and got fleas from the neighbors yard. At least, it had some things to catch it's fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment