Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bill Cosby is a Comedian



I think I have finally aged myself. I am a little older than Paul. Not by too much. But, enough to know quite a bit.
I was listening to him go through all of these comedy channels on his cell phone. He played some Steve Martin and his skit about cat toys. Old school to me.
Then suddenly, "Bill Cosby??"
I told him, "Yes, he is a comedian."
Back in the day, the family hung out at the grandparents house. Bill Cosby Himself was always on the tube. I practically had it memorized. So, I found a funny clip. The one where Bill was talking about giving his children chocolate cake for breakfast. It is still pretty funny.
The longer I work, the more younger people I work with. I tend to forget how old I am. There is someone at work that is about the same age as me. Some of the girls say how much older she is. I argue about how ageist they are. They don't know how old I am. Should I drop the ball and tell them? Maybe, they wouldn't believe me anyway.
The person and I will go off about random things that existed "so long ago." Sometimes we talk about the 80's, which I remember more vaguely. Today, we spoke about Mr. Bill. The other girls, "Mr. Who???" A character from SNL, who should make another come back.
It's kind of weird to think about things. I will hear a song from the 80s and think, "I was alive when this song was released."

No comments:

Post a Comment