Sunday, June 6, 2010

Know Thy Enemy

Last day in Research Writing. After all of the hard work and effort, I'm left praying and stressing that it pays off. I reorganized and reread until I was too sleepy to turn it in. Finally, I will meet word requirement. Had a hard time a couple of assignments.
I have been a little more cheery about work. I was trying to get a day off to check out another opportunity. The chance is slim because it is at the last second. I am going to have to see what I can do about the 18th. I am asking two weeks in advance damn it.
I was having a crappy day. During one of my long conversations, a man sat next to me. I felt a little concerned because I had no idea who he was and I didn't know if I did something bad. After my conversation with the other party, I start talking to the guy. He is my boss's boss. I was thinking, "Crap, it's the end of me. I had too many long calls."
We talked about what may be causing the long conversations. I was frank with him, people need to observe what they are doing. He asked where I worked before, I told him (he seemed intrigued), and I told him why I lost those jobs. He asked me what I was looking for in my future. I was feeling a little bit worried and I think it was from the continuous interrogations from Emily. I was honest, I don't know what kind of future I want. I told him that I was going to school to be a journalist. I told him I was interested in a position that everyone was notified of. He asked me about my boss. I have no issues with her and she does bend over backwards for me. I told him she is fantastic, I think she has a ton on her plate and some people take her for granted.
He let me get back to work. As I am working, I receive some glowing messages from the boss. I made her day. I was happy about that. She had me sit with someone in a more responsible position that I am intrigued with. I felt refreshed, thrilled, and happy.
I chit chatted with one of my associates. I have a hard time containing myself when an event makes me giddy. She is looking into the position to. I rarely feel competitive. I know I'm not going to decline the opportunity and I believe I may fight for it. I think it's about time I take up something that is more responsible. I was feeling most gracious since the day before, so I sent a thank-you to my boss. I'm crossing my fingers for an interview and I will be probably dressing up just in case it is spur of the moment. Overall, I'm just thrilled. I think I would be happy whether or not I got it and this would be the first time in a long time.

2 comments: