Thursday, June 3, 2010

Television Was My Babysitter


Hey kids, television was my babysitter long before you were a twinkle in your mothers eye. I remember the drama when someone didn't pay their cable bill. They would tell me that I don't care. What are the kids going to do?!?!? Make them go outside and play, you goober.
I know there is all kind of fun stuff to watch. I had cable when I was little. I liked watching MTV and Nickelodeon. I watched Saturday morning cartoons when they used to play cartoons. What on earth is with television on the weekend? Does a child really have an interest in infomercials and shows that are not animated. Boring!
The knowledge that I have is strangely from television. I can tell you about all kinds of random things. Do I remember where I learned it? Not really, which typically leaves me scrambling for the source when I put a citation on my papers. I can tell you quite a bit about history of an actor. I have an impeccable memory of faces and voices. This could very well be my secret in kicking your ass at Scene It and You Don't Know Jack.
The longer I am with Paul, the more I realize how much time I have spent in front of the boob tube. It is a wonder I was skinnier than a bean pole. Years of sitting in front of the computer and going out to drink has taken it's toll on my body. Anyway, I have discovered that Paul has never seen 21 Jump Street.
In fact, I found a copy of the first season in the five dollar bin at Wally World. This show is so bad it's good. Paul enjoyed it, he's been enjoying all the movies I have been torturing him with. (He liked Barbarella.) I have been subjecting him to a Johnny Depp marathon. I purchased Alice In Wonderland and 21 Jump Street. He had no idea that Mr. Depp was in the show. I figured that out when I told him that Johnny hated making the show.I used to watch this show all the time. I would play cops and robbers after watching the show. I found some more faces that I never recognized. I think the one guy that played X on X-files. I even saw the guy that played Red Forman on That 70's Show. Need I go on? I watch too much t.v.
By the way Alice In Wonderland is the shit. You must watch it. You will watch it now. Next week, I will be getting From Paris With Love with John Travolta and Johnathan Rhys Meyers. It looks cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment