Sunday, November 7, 2010

Invention for Basking

Poor Dino has no place to bask. It is very difficult to find a place that sells the right gear for a red eared slider. It's easy in the begining. He was only a couple of inches when I bought the little critter.
The first thing that went wrong was the floating dock with the plastic brackets and suction cups. Suction cups stay on things for a short while. The bottom part of the bracket was floating and Dino got stuck under water with it.
Then a pile of bricks was put into the tank. The tank is glass and Dino is an interior decorator. I took the bricks out. Which makes me think twice about going to a river bed and picking up a huge rock. Dino is 6 inches now and very strong.
I get a magnetic dock. Which did work until the water found a hole in the top and sunk the dock. Once again leaving Dino with no place to bask.
I go to Petco to buy a new light bulb. They of course, DO NOT have anything for my turtle that I BOUGHT FROM THEM. (It's kind of like Sears.) The guys helping me find a light bulb had the balls to say, "It's a requirement to have a basking area." Really? Tell that to Petco, jackass.
So, for the past couple of days I have been looking for a resolution. The resolution is requiring me to buy a new filter. I saw a Turtle Cliff, which is cool. It has a filter built into it.

Then I'm going to see if the heat lamp is still in the house. I need a milk crate and some of the chicken wire. I'm going to put together an area for the heat to come in and for Dino to sun bathe. Then I am thinking of putting together a dock from items from the dollar store and maybe get some turf for reptiles to cover it.

1 comment: