Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Offended By Pride

I think that just about everyone is prejudice. It does not matter what race, religion, or sexual orientation. White people are racist. Black people are racist. Hispanics are racist. Native Americans are racist. Some straight people hate homosexuals. In a nutshell, pride shows hate.
I dislike gay pride like I dislike black pride. I do not like white supremacists. I do not like male or female chauvinists. I do not like activists. Simply because of the fact that they are double standards. These are people that hate others who hate them for who they are.
It's like Morgan saying that he cannot get a job because he is brown. No. Nobody will hire him because he has a criminal record and has a bad attitude. It's like the one guy that I worked with at the movie theater. He got in trouble for slacking off. He said that he was in trouble because he was gay. No, no, no. People use pride as a scapegoat to get away with anything.
I like the fact that I have different cultures, choices, and beliefs around me. People may say I'm naive and look at the world through rose glasses. I don't, I know people are hateful and live to dictate everyone else's lives when it is none of their fucking business.
I was discriminated against for the longest time, I still am. Not too long ago, I went to the smoke shop. This place never asks for my identification. 21 is the legal limit. There was an older gentleman before me. The cashier asked for his birth date and that was it. I go up there, she asks for my card. I lectured her on ageism. She started laughing at me. She stated that she is supposed to card if someone looks under 35. 35?? LEGAL AGE IS 21!! By the end of the sale, she asked if there was anything else. I told her, "Better service next time." (I love Idaho!)
I was discriminated against because I am from a small town. Teachers in Boise told me that I was only taught about farming. Fuck you, Borah! I was discriminated because I was in Special Education. People thought that I did not have the ability to remember who they were. Little did I know, I did not have a learning disability. I have a learning style that nobody could cater to. I was upset because students AND teachers bullied me and got away with it. I was stuck on the medication and in special ed??
Which makes me want to ramble about something off topic. What the hell is wrong with Arizona? Did Hitler possess the governor? The schools are measuring overweight students and sending them home with a note.
Anyway, the whole point of this is that bullying has gone too far. If technology was the same when I was going to school as it is today, we would be in a different place. Whatever happened to taking electronics away from students? Great, now I am aging myself. Things were taken away like Walkmans and beepers. (Beepers are pagers for those who do not know. (Pagers were before we knew what a cell phone was.))
If you have not caught on to what I am talking about it is cyberbullying. It seems that people forgot about those who have been put in the hospital or committed suicide until a man was taped kissing another man.
What is offending me is the gay pride turning this into hate toward gay people. We should have stopped bullying a LONG time ago. The jerk that posted the video online committed voyeurism. Then harassment and defamation of character by posting it onto the Internet.
People need to stop bullying, period. It should not matter what sexual orientation or color. If someone is being a bully or talking crap online, report it. Do not take vengeance into your own hands. Besides, if you believe in bad karma like I do; the bully is going to suffer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment