Friday, May 15, 2009

Everything On The Line

In a nutshell, my job is at stake. If I don't make everything just so, I will be eliminated. Who in their right mind after three years treats someone like garbage? I will not name any names.
I have been working real hard. Up until yesterday. Early in the morning, Paul is up before me. His stomach is hurting so bad it is making him upset and feeling like he needs to see the doctor.
I had no way to bring him to the hospital. I had to go to work. He goes his way and I go mine. I text him on my break. No response. I text him again at lunch. He needs to go in for surgery. Appendicitis.
I try calling around to see if anyone could keep him company. He kept on calling me. I had to leave early. I couldn't leave him by himself. There are no friends and family of his here in Nampa.
I get there at about five. He was getting the surgery done. I got to go in and see him a little before eight. Poor guy is high on morphine. I don't know what he is going to do. I don't know what I am going to do.
I stayed with him through the night. I slept along side him on the tiny hospital bed. We finally got to go at about ten today. He was there for a little over 24 hours.
Right now he rests. I have no way to take care of him while I am gone for work. I hope he doesn't hurt himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment