Monday, July 27, 2009

Great Weekend!

My job is coming to an end soon. I wish some other job would just wisk me away. Anything, will be much easier. I could really care less about the pay cut. I would work minimum wage to get away from the hell that I am in.
I got off work the other night. I was feeling discouraged. My handle time was high and I didn't save a soul. I saw Rudy's truck out front. The boyfriend told me it was someone elses car. Hmm...
He claimed he was going to show me my one yellow tomato. Out on the patio sat Mom, Justin, and Rudy. Happy Birthday!! We had some cake and ice cream which was yummy. I got some neat movie decor and a cool bracelet. You know how I like beaded bling.
The day of my birthday started off a little slow. I got up early and exercised in my new shoes. Did some yard work. Packed stuff for camping. Gathered the cat and his stuff and stuck him in one of the bedrooms.
We sold Derek's entertainment system. That is what you get for being a thieving, lieing jerk. He left his stuff in my house for over a month and has not contacted me nor has he returned the key.
We finally left for a trip through Ketchum to Altaras Lake. After much wandering around the camp ground, we found a spot tucked away in the woods. It was cold and mosquito infested. The night went on and got colder. I was tired after driving for a few hours. After a couple of drinks and hot dogs, we went to sleep.
Jen! Jen! What?? Your snoring!!! Sorry!! I go back to sleep.
I woke up in the middle of the night. Whump! Whump! Whump! Outside of the tent. Is it a moose? We might get trampled! Psst! Paul! Whump! Whump! It my be a ranger on a horse to make us move. I didn't hear anyone or see a light from a flashlight. Paul! He is busy snoring. I step out of the tent. I couldn't see anything. I go back to sleep.
I wake up early. It was light out and I was an icicle. I got out of the tent. I wander around for a little bit. I start going back into the tent, something is staring at me. I look toward where my car was. There was a deer standing in front of my car. OMG!! I look at Paul who is still snoozing away. Paul! There's a deer! I reach for the tent where my camera is. She moves toward me.
Paul! Get up! There is a deer standing right there!! He starts to stir and the doe vanishes. He appears out of the tent and a little disappointed the deer was already gone. Breakfast is made on the campfire.
He starts talking about missing out on the guest. His back is toward the car. I spot a fawn maybe a couple of feet away from my car. I point at it and Paul turns around. A deer! Get the camera! Quickly and silently I get the video camera.
It moved to different locations around the camp. It pretty much hung out with us through the extent of the morning.
Then we go to Hailey for some coffee and to grab another ID for Paul. We check out Sun Valley. Sun Valley appears to be a blip on the map. Then we went to Stanley. Then through Lowman to Boise on the long scary road.

No comments:

Post a Comment