Monday, July 13, 2009

Ode To Michael

Sometimes when I have quiet time, I think about random things. I think of when I was little. I was a little kid in the 80's. I never listened to Madonna or Prince. I listened to Cyndi Lauper, Tina Turner, and Micheal Jackson.
I was a huge fan. I watched that Jackson 5 cartoon any time I got the chance to. As a kid I always thought about how cool it would be to hang out with Michael. I would be one of those who wouldn't blame kids for wanting to hang out with the guy. Then again what is weird is him sleeping in the same bed with children that are not his. Something had to have been going on, don't ya think?
In kindergarten, I was always painting. I painted pictures of me, E.T., and Michael Jackson. I was always drawing stick figures of me and Michael hanging out. There was a folder I drew on I think mom kept in the house somewhere. I don't know if she still has that.
It is funny to think that I somehow made the transition to being a Prince fan. I turned into someone drawing portraits, making mosaics, writing poetry about Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment