Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Computer Crap Driving Me Mad

I am about at the last strand of hair. I had my computer taken in to have viruses removed. The computer guy was talking about how I shouldn't have Limewire on the computer. I get my computer back and there is stuff on here I don't know about.
There is an AVG software on here as well as a search and destroy thing for spy bots. My friend recommended Frostwire instead. I really need some computer genius for a friend. Seriously. I download it. The moment I download it, I have something that automatically gets me register for this fruttinet garbage.
I was still having issues with making things work that I finally got in order again. When it comes to Everio, I am the only one in the state of Idaho that knows how to get the equipment to function.
Anyways, the computer guy was saying how nervous he was about the Frostwire. Wonderful. He also asked what the fruttinet was. I have no idea. I removed the Frostwire. In the meantime, fruttinet keeps on popping up phony ads. The computer keeps flipping over to a page saying that this that or the other thing is not up to date.
I have tried everything to get rid of this crap. I turned up the pop up blocker. Not working. I tried using the AVG and the search and destroy. Nothing is working. I chat on the Frostwire forum and of course the idiots are denying the spyware. I talked to my ISP and they recommend One Care which has not downloaded to my computer for free since I moved here.
I have to take my computer in once again. I don't know how. My training is during the time when they are open and they are closed on the weekend. I need someone who can fix my computer for free ASAP.
My other issue at hand is another computer in the house that is not up to date. There is no wireless thing on it. My computer has WIFI built into it. So, I moved the modem next to the desk top computer. He has 100 mbps. That's not fair, I could only get 54.0 on mine. Now that it is moved, my Internet is moving slower and it changes from 34.0 to 54.0 and it keeps saying "low", "good", and "very good". The ISP of course, could not figure it out. It varies from being the walls (which are plaster) to other things being wireless messing up the connection. Another thing to figure out.
I wish I could take a break from the world for a week. I have been doing nothing but multi tasking. I can't get anything done on the weekend and I can't get anything done during regular business hours. I would do things online but it would be risky at this point because of the potential spy ware on here.

2 comments:

  1. We have Richard's computer in to be looked at by a guy about 2 miles from us. He works from home and we are hoping for something good. We will let you know if this guy is as good as he sounded when we talked to him. His name is Brian Wilson (Beach Boys anyone?) and his number is 794-0389.
    CB

    ReplyDelete