Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One More Road Block

Yesterday was pretty fun. I broke a $20 to get some fives and a ten. It turned out that it costs $2.50 a day to park in the parking lot. Fab.
So, I go to Starbucks so I can break a $5. There is nothing under $3 there. Luckily, I came to the conclusion that I will never go there ever again. As soon as I give the cashier money, I begin to ask her a question to get some change. As I ask her the question, she closed her drawer. Then she stammers that she cannot. Then I want my money back. Yes, I am telling everyone by blogging you cow. This is the Starbucks on Broadway by the way. Hastily, she tells me to not tell anyone that she is doing this. It is against the rules. She took my five and traded it for the one dollar bills in a donation thing. Then quickly she gives me my coffee, tells me to have a nice day without looking me in the eye, and quickly shut the window.
I made it to the dirt parking lot and park my car. I made it a little early to my destination. It was a long 8 hours but I pulled it off. Nothing but paperwork. Throughout the day, I started to feel more and more uncomfortable.
On the way home from work, I started to feel a little worse. I spent a majority of the evening in the bathroom. Paul gave me some pills. It got worse. It didn't go away by the morning. Day two of work and I have to go to the doctor.
I go the hospital. I gathered all my paperwork for my insurance. Aetna had expired just yesterday. I didn't want to be with Aetna anymore because they have a real shit attitude. This will prove my point once again. I called Aetna because I needed information on COBRA. My new insurance does not start until the end of the month. I was referred to Fidelity. Again, I had to have an issue with the stupid pin to get through the system. I get transferred to the health benefits center. The guy talked to me like I was stupid and referred me to Aetna to see if they would cover anything.
I called Aetna once more. The lady was rude and told me that my insurance had expired. No joke I was calling to see if they would cover it. OH! My mistake. They never have any information PERIOD. That's right, I forgot why I hate Aetna to begin with. The lady was talking with such an attitude, I wanted to speak to her supervisor. She immediately bites my head off, "This is not a supervisor situation." Further escalating and would not let me speak. I told her since she is cutting me off and not letting me speak, I wanted to speak to her supervisor anyway. By the time she finally put me on hold, the nurse was entering the room and my call was lost.
So, I call Fidelity again. I threatened to call a lawyer (which was very tempting because I also had in my hand a lawyers number) if nothing gets straightened out. I am so sick of run arounds I can't wait to have a different provider. The guy helps me subscribe to the plan again. Which is $137 and it goes back to the time when I lost my job and "should" be effective today. GOD I HATE AETNA!!! If any other business would to be chosen to go Aetna should be the one.
So, I am in ER. I am dehydrated. I get all kinds of samples taken from me. Then they put something to hydrate in my arm. The testing they could do right away, everything looked great. I did need some anti biotics. Further lab work is taking place which could take days. I get a note to stay home for the day. This really sucks because I am starting a new job and I have to find a way to do a follow up.
The trainers are being pretty good about it. They do want me to get better as do I. The training is important as well. I need to talk to them to see what I can do about my follow up where it's not going to effect anything. Maybe I can pick a time frame where I can get out early enough to see a doctor.

1 comment: