Friday, February 6, 2009

Bad Karma = Owies

My guy has been doing a ton of work around here. He takes care of the animals, fixes stuff, and searches for the next best thing in the working world. He has been moving random things in.
He brought a lazer pointer over. I kept on looking at the cat toys. I never knew how fun teasing the cat with a little red light. I light up his paws. I don't know what he thinks he will do with it if he caught it. He seems to think he can sniff it. The red light will go under his legs and he makes a shocked little prr noise. The light will vanish under the door and Logan will look behind it like it was hiding back there. Weirdo animal.
The day before yesterday, we started to get material for the compound box. We went to dad's and he didn't have enough for something big enough. We want to make enough dirt to raise the yard on the left side. We all run to Home Depot. A couple of sheets of wood were chosen, cut horribly by an idiot, and then made into a box.
It is a huge heavy box. Paul kept on moving the heavy stuff. He moved the sheets of wood. He moved the box in and out of the truck.
I left the next day for work. I told him to be careful. Next thing you know, he is sending me a message that he hurt his back. Today he is feeling worse. He is talking about going to the doctor and probably cannot afford to go. I try to offer aspirin and my heating pad. He declines. Right now, I think he is getting something from Dan.
Dan hurt himself on the job today and had to go get stitches. He got a boo boo when doing something with a ladder. People are always getting hurt. It's craziness.
Right now, I am tired. I have been tired since the end of my shift. I had to get up earlier in the day. Get up early to take a shower and leave early for work. So, I am happy about my trade. I think getting up this early was about to kill me. Hopefully, I get better within the month. I feel like nothing is looking up for me. I'm trying though. Maybe I should stop trying so hard.

3 comments:

  1. Wish you had said something, I have lots of wood. Nicely cut by your departed step-pa. Maybe another project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Aleve, 600 mgs to start. Hot soak in tub. Gentle range of motion. Ice 20 minutes, heat 20 minutes for oh say 24 hours, then heating pad. The ICD9 code for this is 847.2 and the E code is
    E927.0 just in case you need the diagnoses for insurance. Love,Auntie R.

    ReplyDelete