Monday, February 16, 2009

Sexual Predators

I woke up feeling like I need to find a way to strike a nerve. I guess I have been fed up with Idaho striking a nerve with me. I sent an email to City Hall this morning. I want an ordinance on cats. There is a limit on dogs you can have but not cats.
I have been reading articles in the Statesman and reading responses to these articles on their website. I don't read the newspaper very often unless it is something that catches my interest. I don't subscribe due to the fact that there are conservative and ignorant points of view in it. I read the Boise Weekly because it is edgy and artsy.
So, anyways, there have been many articles about older people and younger people having sex. There was a story about a child molester found dead in jail recently. Some lady had the book thrown at her for having sex with a 14 year old boy. Another teacher at Borah High is in trouble for having sex with students. Has anyone noticed that this is an ongoing issue with that school? There was a same situation when I was attending. Some teacher had impregnated some girls.
It is something that is nationwide. What is up people? Many many years, we have been sickened by it and us citizens have made this quite clear. It still happens. Why does it still happen? Many reasons come into play for a topic that is so sensitive.
One reason is that some liar comes by and ruins a resolution for everyone else. This minor is an individual that will go into a bar and put a bar at risk for being shut down. These are the skanky teenagers that go onto Myspace and flirt with anything that walks and scream that the 50 year old man pursued them. The road goes both ways. You see all of these reports about old men being wolves and going after your teen. In most cases, it's the teen going after the older individual. People do lie about their age. Some people don't lie and get into a relationship of some sort anyway. Both parties should get in trouble with the law not just the older person. I'm not saying that they are forced into the situation. The older party has the opportunity to tell the kid no. The minor has an opportunity to use their conscience and not do it either. We all know it is against the law, use your noggin.
Some of it has something to do with the law and how the law is enforced. Some places it is okay to get married to a child. It sometimes has something to do with the personality of the town. Take Emmett for example, if there is a child that is molested or if there is domestic violence nothing is done about it. According to Idaho, the victim instigated it.
I don't know what century they are stuck in. Everything has to be so secretive. Something happens it really didn't. It seems as though it is a foreign country. I don't know if it has something to do with the way family responds to what happens to their family members. I know if I mention something of the sort to my father he gets uneasy and ignores it. It would be something that is ignored. It continues. It's a sensitive topic so nobody says anything and it continues. Nothing is done because there is nowhere to go to speak to someone. The men's shelter downtown, it used to be for anyone who was homeless. Women don't have anywhere to go. Shelters for pregnant teenagers are always at risk for being shut down. I can't remember if one was closed or not. You have the Women's and Child Alliance. You can only go if you are going to move in and it is a house otherwise they ignore you.
I think the perp should consider themselves lucky. They may get time in jail but is there anything done for the victim? No, it isn't taken into consideration about what is does to some one's mentality. The violator is lucky to be behind concrete walls.
Another thing is the list of people that are sexual deviants. Some people are rightfully on record. Then there are some that got a ticket for streaking and they are stuck on the list. Their risky behaviour makes them a sexual predator. Right. You are also a predator if you are not even in your twenties yet and are still with someone from high school.
It seems to me that there is confusion. Sometimes something is not done at all. Sometimes something is done when no action needed to be taken. In most cases there was action taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment