Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moon Sparkle :)

I have a thing for perfume. I like anything that smells really good like anyone else. I remember this scent that my Aunt Carla had when I was little. I don't know if it was her make up or some perfume. I got this make up thing from her once and it had that really cool smell.
For the longest time I didn't really care what I smelled like. I didn't have a collection of lotions or anything. Then one Mother's Day before Grandma Maughan died, dad was shopping for a present for her at Bon Marche. Or whatever they were at the time before they were Macy's.
I found this blue star and I sniffed it. It reminded me of cookies and banana bread. It was Angel. It has sandalwood, vanilla, citrus, and patchouli. I brought it to dad's attention and he liked it so he bought it for grandma. It vanished when she died. It's such a cool product. It is pretty expensive, smells good, and it is also refillable. See? It's cool.
Around this time, I kind of figured out dad's skill at shopping. I asked him to get me some as a present. He bought Justin and himself the men's version. For me? He got distracted by the weirdos behind the counter. He got me some kind of a perfume sampler and one of them smelled like bad B.O.
Then finally he bought me some. I have been a happy camper since. I was pretty happy and had the same bottle since and I haven't used it much. I don't want to run out or lose it. I had to fight for that perfume.
Then mom gave me some of those mini mini perfume things. One was Alien (which is made by the same people who make Angel) and this stuff called Moon Sparkle. I was more attached to the Moon Sparkle. It smells like apples. It is really really yummy.
Dad wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas. I immediately stated I wanted Moon Sparkle. I have seen it at Sephoria and Walmart. Of course, he spoke with the red necks and they either didn't know how to find it or never even heard of it. He spoke with the perfume people and they said it was only a seasonal brand and that they did not have it in stock.
Really? I could still find it at Wally World. I think it is totally hard to miss. It has a retro look and it is a name brand (I think) Escada. I kept on looking at it and always told myself that one day I will be able to buy it.
Last night, I got in an argument with Paul. He was being dumb and put everything completely out of proportion. It was over a survey that I did and he misconstrued it. It made me angry. I nearly booted his butt out of my life. I get that enough.
I got home today. There was a note sitting on my shelf and there was Moon Sparkle holding the note. I am pretty much the girl of his dreams. I am still slightly annoyed. He is off the hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment