Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Poor Frank


Frank has been walking a little funny. Inside he will walk on all fours. He gingerly places down one of his front paws. Outside, he will not walk out into the grass nor will he walk on all fours.
I thought maybe he broke his foot. He can move it though. I felt worried about what might be going on with his foot. Maybe his sweater was in the way.
Paul was playing with Frank while he was in his dog bed. He started to look real close at his paw and got my attention. From the other side of the room I saw this light spot on the bottom of his paw. I got more worried because I can't afford to take any animals to the vet right now.
I don't know what he did. I doubt it was from when he was stepped on. I was thinking maybe it was from when he claws at the door of his crate when he gets happy to see me. I never heard him yip though. Paul said that maybe it was from when Frank is in the back yard. Frank gets a little over excited when he knows the neighbors dog is near. He throws dirt everywhere with all of his paws.
We tried to think of an idea to cover the wound. He likes to lick his paws. It is normal for a schnauzer to do because he is keeping his paws clean. I had some socks I got for him because I was trying to find something that will make him stop licking his legs. Then we grabbed some neosporin (have no idea how to spell it nor does spellcheck on this thing), a band aid, and some tape.
Paul wrapped the bandage around Frank's paw and I rubbed his belly. The sock wouldn't stay on but the bandage did. Poor guy keeps getting hurt. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment