Friday, February 20, 2009

Wish List

Paul has been looking at Craig's List. He keeps on finding all of this cool free stuff. He has found fences, exercise equipment (which I need), and stuff for scrap to sell. How are we going to do this, Paul? I ask. We don't have a truck. You don't put your cart before the horse.
I think he already figured this out when we were putting the compost box into dad's truck. I would think he would let us borrow it. I don't feel like paying for gas for that thing. Paul's back is doing better by the way.
I am working on a wish list and putting things together while I am at it. Yesterday I spent a nice chunk of change on getting a greenhouse for the veggies this summer. I also got some stuff to rot roots of stumps that are left and also got some powder for the compost. I think we are going to have a couple of cool gardens. We are going to have different tomatoes, corn, squash, beans (that are purple), lettuce, jalapenos. There are more things that I will get. I want carrots, cucumbers, radishes, grapes and strawberries. I also got some flowers. I am totally going to have a cool flower bed. I have Chinese lanterns, tequila sunrise, and some purple bell things. I would like to have some morning glory but I would have to get something for it to climb on.
There are many things that we need to get done. My main concern is getting grounding on the wiring and take care of the cross wire in the kitchen. I also need to get the roof done above my room. His concern is the level of the house but I am not worried about it right now. We are also thinking of some way to get some light in the backyard.
We are trying to sell things right now. I have some windows that were left behind that I have no intention on using. Someone wants the smaller ones so far. I am also trying to sell my undercarriage glow. I would think that people would want it. It glows purple and that is a hard color to find. I know why they would not because that kind of stuff is illegal in these parts.
With all of the things that I would like done I have compiled a wish list. Every day seems to be like Christmas since I moved in. I keep on opening new things up and putting them together. I recently got a deep fryer. That thing has been used nonstop. So, this is the stuff I would like to get soon.


Priority #1: Get rid of those damn cats. This I found at Fred Meyer and they want $65 for it. I am sure I will find it cheaper somewhere else. This is a motion detection device that makes a high pitch noise that humans can't hear. Hey, if you know if this works or not let me know before I buy it. :) Maybe I will look on epinions.com.

My car needs a hitch.

Even though my car is an SUV, it is a mini SUV. I am not complaining, my car suits me just fine. I don't know how I got by without it. I can put very few things inside. I can fit two dog crates or two big boxes. The things we keep looking at and wanting, we will need a trailer to haul it in.

I hate the entry way to my attic. It is very small and in a corner in the hallway. Dad had said that we need to make it bigger. That would be nice. Then I saw this wish list episode on DIY and they were showing this attic ladder that will fit in any size space. I want this. I have purchased a couple of ladders and I still can't get up in the attic. This would be a nice thing in the house.

A fence in the front yard would make my house look more attractive. Granted, it is an attractive house but there is plenty of ghettoness to it. This would also say, keep off my lawn. If the little brats break it, the neighbors will get an ear full.

I have decided I wanted one of these after I was moving dirt from one side of the yard to the other. I have a really huge yard. Before we try to move more dirt around, we might want to get a wheelbarrow.

We are going to need to store food during the winter. My objective right now is to spend as less time at the store as possible. It is also getting harder to shop. It's like the apocalypse. All of the store shelves are bare. We have also considered getting a pig or a cow. I don't believe there is enough room. There isn't even enough time to take care of a cow.

There are other things going on. Leslie has put her notice in. She found herself a nice studio to rent. Which is kind of nice that she will be renting something of her own without running into others. It also is a little sad because I have to go looking for another room mate. I am debating about it. It was just me and Tonya for about 6 months and I did fine.

The one thing to be nervous about is Dan. I just found out he lost his job. He has an income and he is going to school. How would I know if he will be able to pay rent? He recently got a DUI. He is going through a gruesome divorce. I am sure there will be some kind of battle about child support. I don't know if he will be needing to move again soon.

When that happens, I hope that Paul has a job by then. I am just fine if it is me and someone else. When Leslie moves out, I just might get another room mate just in case. That way if Dan ends up going I will feel confident enough to say it's okay.

1 comment: