Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wander On

It is hard to be positive in an environment that is threatening you on a daily basis. I hear a term being abused called deferral of ownership. It is a catch twenty two. You get told to go somewhere for a suggestion, this does not work, and it is deferral of ownership if you mention how much it does not work.
I am currently on a search for something new. It is really difficult. My boyfriend doesn't have a job. Dan doesn't have a job but he gets an income and is in a feud with his ex. Leslie is moving out.
I put an ad on Craig's List. There are so many people out to get you. It is the same thing over again, I wonder how long the American idiot is going to catch onto it. This is my second time I got this same exact response.
"Hi, my name is so and so. I am going to college for some super duper degree that makes me look like a terrorist. I am in another country (or their child is in another country while they are in another state than Idaho) and I am interested in renting your room. I want your address, number, and I will give you a couple grand in advance."
Doesn't that sound like a scam? I would say so. Who actually thinks I will fall for that? It's the same exact email as, "You got an inheritance in Africa or England and we are waiting for your credit card information so you can claim it." Look, scumbag, I am onto stop sending me your crap to my inbox.
Athena got scammed. I don't know what kind of thing she got into but she became about $2,000 in the hole. There is something called the Better Business Bureau to research on if something is a scam or not. I wish you could do this with room mates that respond to your ad. There is a background check but I do believe it costs money.
In this world, people are extremely desperate. They try methods that are not legal. There is nothing that can be done about it neither. Did you know that there is no fraud department in Idaho? I had spoken with a police officer once about my credit card being used in the UK twice. He just shrugged his shoulders. It's theft isn't it? Why isn't anything done about it?
I think it is because of the factor that you can prevent it. Which is really quite sad. You don't have to go very far to get information about someone. It doesn't matter how much you try to protect anything. The most important thing is to not be a consumer.
I read this article about how you should write a check. You should not use cash because you cannot build yourself a credit record. You need a credit record for your very own roof over your head and transportation. BUT, you cannot go anywhere and write a check. You have to use your debit card which is "more secure"?
Get this, you don't even have to use your pin number. This is more secure? Anyone can steal your card and use it and debit cards are more secure. Really? Interesting.
I can't go to my bank anymore and help anyone cash their check. EVEN WHEN THE THIRD PARTY IS THEIR WITH AN ID. I try to call my bank and I have to remember a 7 digit code which will not register in the system. Wamu is protecting me from my account. I see how that works.

1 comment:

  1. Each state has an online data base to search past criminal records the one for Idaho is the following link https://www.idcourts.us/repository/start.do

    you may have to copy and paste but once you get to the home page there is a link to do a search. It should help you find what your looking for and does not cost a thing.

    ReplyDelete