Wednesday, August 19, 2009

No Where Near Water???


When I was first purchasing my house, Monica told me that there wasn't really a need to worry about flood insurance. Why? Because I was no where near water that would require it.
Last year, my backyard was a rice paddy many times. I was unable to mow my lawn. I was not able to put pesticides on the yard. I had a really bad bug problem because of this. I was on the phone with dad when this was occurring. He said that it was an irrigation area and that is something to be expected. I was pissed. Why irrigate my yard? Why flood my yard?
This summer was no better. Paul did not believe me. Until one fateful day he stepped into a huge puddle in the backyard. The water can pretty much go past your ankle in a few spots.
I had been under the impression that it is something to be expected. Paul started to take the rocks from the front and the back and piling it up by the fence. The water is so bad it saturates the fence. It was at the point where a another canal had to be dug in back of the garden. Leave it to dad to listen to a guy and not me. When Paul mentioned to him, dad said that the neighbor was going overboard with the watering.
How they flood the yard is that that have a bunch of road ties. They fill their garden with water to the point of where the water goes into my backyard. This in turn causes problems with mosquitoes and fleas. Not to mention the filth of their property goes onto mine.
The water was flooding worse just a couple days ago. I am quite fed up with it. I called the City Of Nampa. They told me that someone would come by and give the neighbor a warning. Did someone come by. Nope. Typical, right? Instead, they called the neighbor. I get the feeling that this has been the problem before I moved in.
Tonight was a dramatic situation. Yesterday, Paul brought more rocks and piled them in the back. The kids and wife next door have a habit of looking over the fence. I think the parents may have had a problem with the water department giving them a call.
I was working away on the computer when Paul comes rushing in looking for the flash light. He came back and told me that I had to look. I didn't really suspect anything bad happening because it has been ongoing. I go outside and I hear water running.It was a little louder than normal.
I go further back and he shows me. There is a stream of water gushing through the fence. I call the City Of Nampa once more and I jump down the poor lady's throat. As I am chewing her out, Paul calls the police.
The trooper comes over. Paul leads him to the back before he could talk to the neighbors. The officer is a little shocked when he looks at the gushing water. He looks over the fence. The hose was propped up on a tripod and aimed at my fence. He says it looks intentional. The water guy shows up.
They both go into the alley. The water guy shuts the water off. As this is going on, one of the boys that lives their comes out acting nonchalant about it. He said he was their house sitting.
Verdict, I can press charges on them for doing it on purpose. I have four different witnesses. By the way, I filmed it the last two times. The city can fine them for breaking city codes. Also, if the kid is house sitting his parents are going to be pissed. The water guy is to be coming back tomorrow morning and shutting off their water for the rest of the summer.
Other things that they could possibly get in trouble for. The kid that came out spoke like a gang member. The officer is probably going to be watching the neighborhood. Also, the kids have been out after curfew. They have been jumping the fence, hanging out on their roof, and hanging out with a bad crowd. Highly suspicious activity is going on. If we continue to see it, we make some phone calls. Also, their has been suspicious activity going on at the church late at night. There is going to be a lot of things going down over here.
This is getting more and more ridiculous. I am sick ot the cats. I am sick of the weird people living around here. I am tired of the drama that the people on each side of me are causing. If I could have it my way, I would leave. It is not like that. Sure, why don't I give my 30 days notice to my escrow and see what she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment