Monday, January 12, 2009

Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend??


It does not take expensive things to make me happy. You give me a diamond I look at it like it is an ordinary rock. I do wear the ear rings that grandma gave to me. Not very often though.
Paul and I went and did random stuff yesterday. Nothing in particular. He wants to get me a gift. I only wanted to show him stuff that I like. We went into K Jeweler. Mediocre variety. We went to Samuel's Jewelers. I tried on a couple.
Not much of a sales pitch. The guy behind the counter wrote down the stuff that I liked. There is a sale going on. Isn't there always one at the mall?? I came across this shiny number that you need sunglasses for. It was for a couple thousand. Then we went to Helzberg.
The sales guy knows his stuff and cares a great deal about his product. He gave us a run down on his favorites. I checked out this one that was really heavy and about $9,000. Yep, Caroline went back into her case quite quickly. The guy talked and talked and talked. Gave a run down on the history of the company, warranty, what to look for. I found this fun one called Sophia. The man was obsessed with the "masterpiece" collection. Which is really quite shiny and cut to perfection.
He brought us back to the microscope and showed us the difference between the two rings. Then he showed us how to identify the ring if it were lost or stolen. There are a bunch of tiny numbers engraved on the rim of the diamond. It's probably not called the rim but that's what it looked like.
We went home empty handed. I don't want a diamond ring. We are not even married or engaged. Then I decided to have a little fun at home. I looked at dresses. This crap is expensive. I looked at all the little details for a wedding. Party favors, champagne glasses, pillow for the ring, the candles, etc etc. Where would we get married? I would like it to be somewhere in Washington.
It would be a weird thing for me. I'm not into spending money on things like that. Not only that, it is a religious ceremony. I'm not really a religious person. Though I thought the preacher for Shannon's wedding was captivating.
I don't even know if I would want to get married. If so, I don't know if it would be with him. He does do a ton of stuff for me even though he doesn't have much. He fixed my heater for me. He knows how to landscape. He has had different jobs including one for the government as well as an animal shelter. He will be 28 on the 19th. He has a four year old for a daughter.
It could happen. I have been doing a ton of stuff for the past year that is even out of character for me. This round, I stole some girls boyfriend. But, damn it, she pissed me off, him off, and even bugged Leslie.
The ring, it did thrill me a little. I would rather start with something small. You know what I mean? That way if it does not work out it won't be such a big deal. I told him I like beads. Beads can look pretty. This morning I woke up stressed out. I whisper in his ear, "How about a puppy instead?"

2 comments:

  1. Any man who willingly goes on a shopping lookey loo trip that includes very large diamonds either hasn't got a clue or is hopelessly in like. Have fun!
    Love, AUntie R

    ReplyDelete