Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Digital Stuff


So, I have been watching the digital transition crap. All kinds of stuff had been going on since 2005 when it was announced that television is the most important thing next to the air that we breathe. Just kidding, however, the time is coming that we must buy more crap to watch TV.
Yes, with things being digitized, programming is capsulized to make more space. Instead of doing this, I think we should clean up our mess of satellites in space. We have polluted outer space with satellites. We could make the task of hiring a clean up crew. No, it costs way too much money!
Why on earth do we do this? All we watch is the boob tube. What is the obsession with television? What exactly did we do before TV? Do chores. Make plays. Go to ho downs. I don't know, I wasn't alive then.
Pretty soon, we will have the television embedded into our head. All we would have to do is plug YouTube into this port in our ear.
Don't we have more important things to do? Gas is going back up. Why don't we get together and make a new fuel source instead of depending on some pig who doesn't care about us or the other people's lives they destroy? Just a thought. Yeah, the gas...it is supposed to be taking care of the roads. Isn't that what taxes are for? Who knows, I apparently may not even know.
Or maybe a cure for viruses. There's another thought. Perhaps a better education for the children? But, television? Come on!
Chew on this, there was a report about a relapse on buying HD television sets. Seriously, who actually would like to buy something expensive when you may already have a TV set. Then buy a converter box, then an antenna, and perhaps pay for more television service? I don't know about you, but I think we are a bunch of suckers.
Even Obama was talking about holding off on the transition. The economy sucks, who is going to be able to afford something that ranges between $150 and $7,000? I certainly couldn't. I had to use a credit card to buy my HD television. Granted I already have a TV set and DirecTv. However, I am not prepared if I was to not have that service.
Even so, I still have my huge collection of movies that I can just pop into my DVD player or my VHS. So, HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment