Saturday, November 28, 2009

People Think I'm the Nut?

I may be a sinner. I haven't attended church on a regular basis since I was 13. I have been to church a couple of times since then. Once on a Sunday when I was invited. I once went to church at midnight on Christmas Eve. That was pretty nice.
I liked going to church sometimes. I never got why I had to go when my parents didn't. That is why I quit going. That and some of the people were stuck up. Don't believe me? I can tell you a story about Mrs. Elwood. Maybe in another blog. I think these next few blogs I will talk about winter and Christmas.
I like to listen to obscene music. I like to collect obscene movies. I swear on occasion. I don't drink or smoke that often. I never did drugs. Some people are shocked by this. How come people are shocked that I never did drugs? I will let everyone know now, I never felt an interest in it. Do I feel curious about drugs? RARELY.
Some may call me agnostic. Some people think I am a Mormon. I am a Nazarene. Some people are shocked by this as well. Yes, I used to go to church. I used to dress up in cute dresses. Like many outside of this region that don't know what a Mormon is, some people don't know what a Nazarene is. Honestly, I don't know what one is either. When I watch the Simpsons, their church reminds me of the Nazarene church. If that gives you an idea, good. If not, try Little House on the Prairie.
I am an open minded person. After reading about Mormon history, I have respect for them. I really don't care for the religion but I respect those who are Mormon. I even have an interest in religion from other countries. I have respect for anyone who follows whatever religion they wish. To me, they are all alike. All of them worship God. If I was become a regular at a church and take my pick I think I would be Lutheran or Jewish. I think it would be fun to be Jewish. I have a friend who is Jewish and when she talks about religious get togethers, I am in awe.
I am not going to be visiting any church anytime soon. I am not in the mood to be standing up every so often to sing from a hymnal. It's not me. It all feels so, cheesy. I don't know if I believe in God or not. I do believe that we were made by something powerful. I watched a show on meteors one day. In some country, people gather around a meteor and worship it. It inspired me to write a story one day. I think I have it somewhere on writers cafe. Maybe I'll post it for you guys. You might like it.
You might be wondering why I am blogging about religion today. Okay, I'll get to the point here in a minute. I only have about five channels that are in English. I have nothing but educational and religious programming. The channels I have are making me think a little. I know why I am picking up just a few channels from the antenna. The government thinks the people who didn't get a converter box are stupid. For those who could not get a converter box, we are being educated. That's my take on it. Okay, moving forward.
Peggy Kilgore was one of my Sunday school teachers. She was also a teacher of mine in school. Wow! I sound like one of those people from the country. There was one day that she was talking to the Sunday school class about the end of the world. It is pretty funny in a way. A Sunday school teacher will talk to you about Armageddon the same way a parent will talk to you about sex. (I bet you didn't know Armageddon is an actual town either, did ya?)
The end of the world seems like a weird thing to me. Every time I turn around, churches will put a sign up saying Jesus is coming. People freak out about the silliest things. Remember the 2000 bug? Get a grip! I can easily see how we can think that the end is near. Was life ever easy here? No, it wasn't. I believe that we can put an end to the world. I think it will be caused by us humans. Yeah, we could possibly all be wiped out from a pandemic. One person could just slip up at a job and/or in a public place and get everyone else around them sick. I believe that we just might up and blow each other sky high. There are probably enough atomic bombs to blow up the whole entire solar system. We could get hit by a huge meteor. We might pollute the Earth so bad we all might end up dead from it. Minus the meteor, we don't have anything to worry about if we start being responsible.
Getting back to the very few channels I have. I was surfing through to see if there was anything interesting. I ran across these kits for sale along with a bunch of other crap. The kits were enough to keep one person fed a couple of years. These were in case of the event of the rapture. What?! That's right, the rapture. This was on the religious channel I have. (Unless I have the Hellivision channel). Yeah, I better get right on that one because I am going to be left behind. Just like everyone else on this stinking planet. Well, except for Ned Flanders and Peggy Kilgore.

2 comments:

  1. The other day we were explaining to Rachel how all the Christians will be gone once the Rapture hits and she was all excited that they would finally all be gone. Excellent point!
    I will never go to church again....there's nothing there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Lord, save us from your followers!" They are kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete