Friday, November 27, 2009

To My Amusement

There are people out there that try to lie to me. I think it is the most funny thing. I am perfectly capable of seeing past a lie. I have so much experience, I should be a lie detector. What gives someone the gumption to think I am gullible?
I have known Athena since she was about 12. The very first day I met her was when I went to visit dad one day. He had these strange people in his house. I think we all went to do something that day. I can't really remember. I was up all night talking to Athena.
She did most of the talking. I just sat there listening to her stories. Her tales were so tall I found it entertaining. I think she should use all of that energy to write books. I knew from day one she was a liar. Within minutes, I knew she was full of shit.
Everyone knows she is full of it. To my astonishment, she still attempts to lie to everyone. It's fascinating that she will still do that. Many, many, many people know what the real story is. I won't tell the secret of how I know. That would only make her better. Pathological liars are the dumbest people on the planet. I don't know why anyone says someone is a "pathological liar". Why put it that way. Such a huge word makes them sound like they are a pro at being a liar. If your a pro, aren't you supposed to be able to lie and get away with it?
Paul and I went to dad's house the day before yesterday. To my knowledge, dad picked her up. From what Justin told me, Athena is supposed to be going to a hospice for alcoholics. I have no idea when though. Probably never because, well you know how my dad is.
Athena was there at his house when we arrived. These days, I'm in a very inquisitive stage. I question everything. I think there are a ton of dumb people in the world and I am smarter than them. I'm passing my classes with flying colors right now. Do you blame me?
Dad and Paul go outside to work on the car. I am sitting in the kitchen working on my paper that is due Friday. Athena comes out of hiding and starts talking to me. Remember, I am inquisitive right now and I am working on something.
She is aware of me being jobless. I have employment coming up. She goes off saying that she is going to school and is studying something that has something to do with the mind. Really? I wonder if she meant psychology. Then she told me that she was going to be working for the prison. Quite quickly she said that she never thought that she would be a cop. Hmm, with a criminal history??
I looked at her and asked, "Really? What school is this through?"
She paused. I know she was trying to think of something quick. She stammered, "It's Browns? I was going to do that Steven Henniger college. I'm just trying it for a couple of days to see what I think of it."
I told her, "Never heard of it."
She finally went back to her room. I really doubt you can try a college and see how you like it. Nice try. I asked dad if she was really going to school. No, she is not. I hate when people try to lie. It makes them look like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment