Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Three Wisepeople

When I was growing up in Emmett, I was in musicals. I was in so many. There were pageants in school as well as church. I don't really know how many I was in. I know I wasn't in anymore plays since moving to Boise.
I was in the land of Oz twice. I dated Oz in the second round. Oz (Charles) was in a vampire movie that was made here in Idaho by people in Idaho. Mom didn't go to my last play. According to Mr. Schnieder, there weren't going to be anymore plays. Come to find out, he directed more plays. He just had to give his son an opportunity, right?
That is the thing about parents who put plays together. They shouldn't. Plays should be put together by students. This way, everyone can have a fair chance. I can't tell you how many big parts the Schafers got. Mrs. Schafer was the one that made the costumes in the play. It's a conspiracy. I didn't hate them. I like the Schafer kids. I just didn't get why their mother had control of all of the productions.
Another thing about a play is that there are no small parts, just small people. I think that is how it goes. Maybe it is there are no small parts, just small brains. No, that's not it either. When someone was cast in a part that they were offended by, they try the powers that be to get out of that role...and steal mine.
There was one musical I was in at Butte View. I don't remember what it was about. I guess we were all playing a bunch of farm animals. I was cast as a blue bird. I think I got my part down. Then suddenly, Gina didn't want to be the pig. She was a pretty good sized girl and it probably offended her that she was cast as the pig. Guess who they pick for a change to take place? Me. They didn't even ask either. They told me that I was going to be the pig. Hell no, I was already the bird. I was infuriated. I fought and kept my role as the bird. I think she kept her role as the pig. I can't remember.
This was no different in church. When I was in "Teens", we were doing a Christmas pageant. Some way or another Mrs. Elwood had control of the casting. I think her name is Terry. I was cast as one of the three wise men along with another girl. They made it look like some fiasco. Terry said that there was no such thing as a woman wise man. Me and the other girl were changed to shepherds. I didn't know that they had women as shepherds either. This gets interesting. Come time for the play, her daughter Tammy was cast as one of the wisemen. Nobody was allowed to say anything about it either. That was a time when I should have stood up for myself as well.
Mrs. Elwood is stuck up. If I was to pick anyone to be in charge of anything, it certainly would not be her. She showed that she is a two-faced chauvinist pig. It could tick off anyone that thinks highly of her. I don't think highly of her.

2 comments:

  1. You would be proud of me. I told her to fuck off. Course I didn't know who it was that honked at me, but I just laughed and laughed at myself. Still makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete