Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Speak of The Devil

Vacation moving along slowly but surely. It would be nice to have something in the meantime while I get real employment. I have been looking. I think last week I submitted over 10 resumes, personality tests, and applications.
I was exhausted from all the work today. I had been taking my online classes to relax. The classes are kind of cool. Nothing I had never done before in school. I'm not incredibly impressed with the generic answers I have read in there. One teacher is personable while the other is not. I am taking two classes. Read, analyze, and write.
Today, I emailed two resumes from postings in Craigslist. Believe it or not. I went to Boise. I turned in my papers to the union. Paul liked them. I like the union, they are cool people. I want to be a steward.
I went to Gem Staffing and turned in my resume. I went to The Youth Ranch and filled out an application for a store clerk. Both of these were on Craigslist as well. There is a ton of stuff open today. My friend Shannon texted me for help to find her friend a job. I referred them to Qwest. I don't care what anyone says, they freaking rock! I miss my work family. She asked me to be a reference. I said of course! Besides, Shannon is probably going to get a few calls because of me. I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine. Shannon is the shit.
I get home, take my class. Play some games. Blog. I am sure I'm boring everyone to death. I am on the computer all day and I have the Internet. I check my email hoping to hear some positive news. There it is, Volt responded. They are a staffing agency.
I never have high hopes for staffing agencies mind you. Typically, the results are bad and they end up sticking you in the temp positions. The last one was really rude to me to. What the hey? Volt sent me two emails, one was with a link for an application and the other had a link for the tests.I worked on both which took me about an hour.
Around 8:45ish pm, I have an email again asking if she can call. Thinking...no minutes left on phone..not doing anything. I give her the go ahead. I get a phone call about 10 minutes later.
The job is relation to a call center for HP. It is an inbound call for Proactive Solutions. That should be stinking easy. I asked her a few questions and she will doing some research for me. She also told me that they have a link to WDSGlobal. Which thrilled me a bit because they are still hiring for technical support. I like technical support.
So, I have a pending job on the way. As far as I know, if this all works out, I will be starting December 3. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment