Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Wish Things Would Mellow Out

I have been doing everything in my power to keep everything under control. Going between jobs has not been helping me. Waiting for unemployment does not help me. I have been trying everything to help Paul get a job.
Everything is going great as far as unemployment goes. It never is a good thing. Pay keeps getting lower. I qualify. There was not misconduct. The Department of Labor didn't hear anything back. So, I have a check coming my way.
I also have a concern with the 401k. I already liquidated the other one. What they do is they take 20% for the Federal people. Then another 10% because I am taking it out early. Then I closed the new 401k with the new job. I asked if there would be any penalty for the second within 4 months of each other. The rep said I would not. It's just 20% for taxes and then another 10% for taking it out early. So, I have to leave my savings account alone just in case they do come along and want the 10%.
I have been trying to lower things down as much as I possibly can. I reduced my minutes on my cell phone. This was just in time for me to lose the other job. After many phone conversations during the job hunt, filing for unemployment, and taking care of business my bill was $160. Lowering a cell phone bill does no justice. I removed my land line and I have just the Internet. Been using space heaters and not the furnace.
Today, I get my electrical bill. Last month was $37. This month it was $166. I always run into this crap. Nampa workers showed their laziness once again. I am so tired of living in this hell hole. My last bill was lower because the meter reader was too lazy to open the gate and come into the yard. I will be filing a complaint. Since the meter did not get read, they used a rough estimate. I paid for less than half. What doesn't make sense is that the bill wasn't that high last year. The gas bill is normally that high.
Right now, we are trying to find ways to reduce the bill. We have to take everything out of the freezer outside and put into the one in the house. The space heaters are going to have to go. Ultimately, the gas bill is going to go up. The lights keep on being left on, everyone is going to be spoken to about it. We took the light bulb out of the fixture in the backyard because people keep leaving that on at night. A lot of cutting back on electrical stuff.
Well, I'm gonna go. Phone is ringing. Paul and I are trying to get out of the house for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment