Friday, December 4, 2009

When I was Younger

I think my best Christmas's were when I was young and innocent. I actually believed in Santa. I don't remember when I quit believing. I think I overheard someone talking about what a sham it was.
My parents had this fake tree that had to be put together piece by piece. It was still convenient, they didn't have to put the needles into the branches. I liked the decorations. There was this little pink doll ornament that always drew my attention.
As the decorations were put up, there was Disney Christmas carols playing on the stereo system that had a record player. I liked that old school record player. It had those huge headphones. I think we kept messing the record player up by bouncing around all the time as it played. The stereo system remained relatively quiet. Dad had a collection of racy comedy albums. I don't remember it being on very often.
I liked Christmas morning. It was so thrilling to see all of those wrapped up gifts under the tree. I always liked what I got. Sometimes there was always something huge waiting for Justin and I. I got a doll house for my Barbies. I think I have it somewhere still. I think I got my purple bike. It was sold later on down the road. I got a ten speed.
I think I rode my nice new bike. I think I also had a new pair of snow boots. They were these grey, rubber boots.
I quit riding the bike after a while. When mom gave me my current bike, I gave my ten speed away to good will. I never had any skills to sell it. I held on to it for so long because of the sentimental value.

No comments:

Post a Comment