Sunday, December 6, 2009

Need Batteries!

I have been doing the Craigslist thing. I discovered it is pretty fun to find free stuff that can be used and that nobody needs. I tend to get stuff that nobody needs. I have many things that I need to get rid of.
This month, I have been looking for Christmas lights. At random, I will see some free Christmas items. I was going to get some last weekend, somebody else beat me to the punch.
Paul and I went over to dad's house. I wanted to grab a keyboard. I won't even talk about the conversation we had before hand. Let's just say this, he is not willing to give his own daughter things. He is willing to sell things to his daughter. I always drive through Caldwell to get to Wilder. I hate the bad driving on the highway more than the bad driving in town. There have been some really horrible accidents in Nampa lately.
On the way there, there were cop cars lined up along the road. As I drove, I saw a sign that said there was going to be a night light parade. I wanted to stop, but my camera was home. Paul also forgot his winter coat at home. It looked like a pretty good parade, there were chairs lined all the way up the road.
We grabbed dad's keyboard and headed back home. We need to get either a 9v plug in or a bunch of AA batteries. There were flatbeds covered in lights. I think I saw a Jeep covered in lights. I think we made it at the tail end of the parade. We made a decision to go gallivanting down in Boise to see if there were any decorations up.
On the way, I had Paul look on Craigslist on his cell phone. As soon as he was on, there were Christmas decorations for free. He called them up and next thing you know, we were on our way to Eagle for some free stuff.
They gave us a train to go around the tree, white and silver ornaments, and some lights. Yay! The lady showed us a trick her dog can do. This dog gets just as excited as Frank does about carrots. Frank loves carrots and other veggies. The man there offered us a beer. Sadly, I declined. We were on our way to find decorated houses. I don't like drinking alcoholic beverages in a strangers home either. It makes me a little uneasy. They were a very nice couple though. They had a bunch of Christmas stuff to give away and they were splitting up the decorations among people that wanted some. I am pleased with what I received.
You would never think that white ornaments would belong on a white tree. They don't blend in. You can still see the white ornaments. They are shiny so they do stand out. I like it. I have white, purple, and black ornaments. Paul and I decorated the tree finally. If Lonkey eats anything off the tree, she is a dead dog. Nuff said.
Paul put together the track to see how it could fit. He kept on taking some tracks off. There still wasn't enough room. After checking out the train, this as well needs batteries. He kept on wanting to go to Walmart. I told him, I need money to get batteries. They are going to have to wait. (Not to mention that I am pissed at him for not letting me know he sold something again that he owed money for.)
We spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how we can put everything together. I have a small living room so there is limited space. I just rearranged my living room not to long ago. One of my outlets was finally replaced with a new one. I have an extra plug in in the house. Everything was put back to where it was before. Now the tree sits in front of the big window. It is decorated and has a train underneath. It looks really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment