Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Own Personal Catch 22

I have what many people call "social anxiety." I freak out when I go to parties. I am not very good with being social. I think I have a lack of trust in human beings. I remember going to a party. I never go to them. I got scared and started to ball my eyes out.
I have a hard time asking for help. I always feel like I am a nuisance. It makes it hard grabbing a supervisor if something is not going right. I was sent to a assistant supervisor because I could not figure out if I was going to the wrong place for my e-mail. Little did I remember, I have to set up everything again after going to a different computer. The assistant was not being an assistant. I think the supervisor felt like I was trying to drag her away from her responsibilities. Which I wasn't, I was uncertain on where I could go. Things like this make me nervous about talking to different people. I am always concerned that I will not get help.
Then I go to places where people know who I am. I think it is kind of freaky when someone says, "Hey, Jen!" I guess I have become unfamiliar with someone that I know saying my name. Oh yeah, the person is not a customer on my phone just saying my name. I'm not constantly introducing myself to someone I will know for thirty minutes or less.
It's kind of weird. I am not comfortable in a place where I don't know anybody. I am not comfortable in a place where people know me. I have no clue what to talk about. I never know what to say. I'm gone for a very long time, you would think I would have a ton to say. I think I have officially turned into a hermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment